People has been asking me the recipe of my rendang ayam since I uploaded the first entry. The thing is I don’t have an accurate measurement when I cook such dishes thus the reason why it is hard for me to tell them how to cook this rendang ayam.
For those who know the basic of cooking, I hope you will have the idea on how much the main ingredients like bawang, halia, serai etc that needed to be cut to balance how much the meat that you are going to cook.
I was browsing through past years magazines on food to cooked for jamuan rumah terbuka and Hari Raya when I found 2 recipes of rendang that could be combined to be my recipe (except for the measurement)
Here is roughly how I made this rendang ayam:
2 sudu makan kerisik
1 kg santan pekat
2 cawan air
2 helai daun kunyit (dimayang halus)
1. Panaskan minyak, tumis bahan yang telah dikisar hingga berbau harum.
2. Kemudian masukkan ayam, kacau hingga sebati.
3. Masukkan santan pekat dan air. Kacau lagi dan biar kuah mendidih.
4. Bila separuh masak, masukkan kerisik dan garam secukup rasa. Biar kuah menjadi agak pekat.
5. Akhir sekali, masukkan daun kunyit untuk menaikkan bau sajian.
That looks real yummy. Thanks for the recipes.
I do my best to try cook this dishes n my family really like it. Tq 4 this information. Selamat Hari Raya.
why ‘daun limau purut’ is not include in this recipe?
Because this version of rendang ayam doesn’t use daun limau purut (kaffir lime leaf) 🙂
sedap…….dah cuba buat.memang sodap………………………n